Labels

Saturday, June 8, 2013

Surface Pro first impressions

Surface pro with the wedge keyboard and mouse. Very mobile for bizness.


With the surface type keyboard, its a full fledge laptop!

I have to admit, I use windows only for work since its provided by my office. At home, I use almost my iPhone and iPad mini for content consumption. Even for my occasional blog or Facebook uploads, I use mobile devices. That's how people work these days I guess. 

But my hubby is a gadget consumerist. So the surface pro is something he wants because he wants it. I let him buy it because we have not had a laptop or desktop upgrade since 5 years ago. So he had been using a NetBook equivalent for years. 

My first thoughts are that it's a more business iPad. With the keyboard, it will be great for work. Doesn't hurt that it's processing power is equal to a lot of laptops. Without the keyboard it becomes the entertainment tablet we are so used to with the iPad. 

Get the type keyboard as its more comfortable than the touch keyboard, which requires that you do fingers ballet. 

No further comment except that my hubby has decided to use it to connect to all our gadgets at home so it's a 'portable command centre'. We will see how that works out. 

Microsoft and windows have ranked rather low in my personal trusted brands list these years. I know I may not be comparing apple to apple (pun not intended), but even Android OS have gained my acceptance over the last year. 

I am not sure what will really restore my goodwill after years of frustrating use such as the insane ways each version of OS and office requires me to relearn things.

No comments:

Post a Comment