Labels

Sunday, December 4, 2011

BB creams for sensitive skin




I have extremely irritable skin that most products will give me problems ranging from a light red rash to downright hives.

The concept of BB creams are a godsend because they are designed for skins that went through Laser resurfacing, so what could be more irritated and fragile?

But I have another problem, the issue of oily skin. This problem reduces me into a kuali (frying pan) by midday or even mid morning if I am careless.

So a couple of BB creams I have tried just turns into a greasy mess even if they don't irritate my face.

I tried BRTC BB creams because they have a sample pack, which lasts 2 weeks. It didn't break me out, nor melt too quickly, so I bought the Blemish Recovery Balm for oily skin and Jasmine water BB cream for normal skin.

I used them interchangeably for oily and drier days. 6 months later, I am still pleased with the results.

The blemish recovery balm has oil control properties that keeps skin relatively Matt after 4 hours, which is for me a real feat. It is a tad light in color for me so I usually mix in a drop of dark concealer. The Koreans love ghost white skin, regardless what goes on neck down so that has been a real problem for most Korean BB creams.

I use a drop of it and pat over my reddish areas and blend the other areas with sponge.

Although BB creams are supposed to be one step solution for moisturizing, concealing and sun protection, I usually use more sunscreen on top as SPF 30 on such a thin layer is not enough for the harsh sunrays.





This guy here has a nice Jasmine scent. Works the same as blemish recovery except the texture is a tad lighter to spread. I use them on days my skin feels ok, I am indoors and not as much oil control is required.




This is what I put on top of the BB creams. The DHC suncut q10 which boasts a broad sprectrum SPF 50. This is watery goodness that just disappears into my skin.

I have to say that Japanese sunscreen beats those stuff like coppertone and banana boat or nivea with the creamy and messy sunblock. Maybe they work better for beach days.

The liquid form is much easier to blend and provides a great base for make up too.

I have used this for a year and it does not irritate my skin too.

Apologies for the products taken that looks used. I have used them almost six months before I was sure it's good for me.

I have thrown away so much stuff which doesn't work for me after days or weeks that I am happy to share things that proves itself.


No comments:

Post a Comment