Labels

Friday, December 2, 2011

Kate Rouge Ex - My fav lip colors this year

KATE rouge ex lip color is my favorite lipsticks this year. I love it so much I got four for myself. 

Ever since I used Clinique's Color Surge Bare Brilliance lipstick like 5 years ago, I have been in love with lipsticks that are sheer, build-able, with natural yet jewel colors like red and lavender. 

The power of such lipsticks is that with one swipe, your lips looks like they are 18 and fresh and natural. Build with a couple more layers and they are as strong as any creamy lipsticks. It's not overly oily shiny, just a healthy sheen. 

But sadly, 2 years ago, they discontinued it in Asia and I have been searching for alternatives since then. 

Enter the KATE brand of rouge ex which even surpassed my expectations. Being a Japanese brand, they have colors that are extremely flattering for Asian Skin. I have almost tested all the colors at the Watsons counter and found almost all the colors super pretty and wearable. The creamy sheer color looks very natural on the lips. The only con is that there is a need to blot when trying to build up the color because it's shiny and almost like a lip gloss after a couple of layers. And it doesn't hurt that it comes in a cute minimalistic lipstick tube. I have gone through it pretty fast, which is good, since I almost never finish my lipsticks. 

The RD-12 starts off as a almost clear cherry stain, and builds up to Siren Red. Very sexy and good for nights when inspired to be Hollywood glamourous without danger of turning into Uncle Ronald MacDonalds.

The BE-30 is a sheer beidge nude that is great with Smoky eyes. I sometimes find it a little too light and will add a little RD-12 in the center of my lips. 

The PK-17 is the most versatile of the lot. It's a tawny pink that's natural and compliments most skin colors and a good pair with fun eye makeup. This is the one I use most of the time to the office and weekends. 

The RD-13 is a darker red wine stain color best for nights. If I find it too strong, I will sometimes use the Super Quick Lip Concealer to lighten it up and mattify it slightly. I actually like wine lip colors as I find them mysterious and woman-like but it usually shows up on me rather Gothic. So this is looks 'normal' on me at least. 

It's about $23.50 retail, but Watsons and Sasa have routine sales for Kate products at 10-20% off so it's still pretty acceptable, especially when I do use it on a daily basis. 




No comments:

Post a Comment