Labels

Friday, December 2, 2011

Shin-yeh Taiwanese restaurant at Liang Court

This Taiwanese restaurant serves yummy porridge. Honestly porridge is hearty comfort food so a more rustic place usually serves better stuff. But if you are in the mood for porridge in a nice setting, this is it. shin yeh is under Tung Lok and serves fancy dishes which I didn't try. I only ordered the most basic stuff which I considered porridge classics.




This ikan bilis with peanuts is crispy and fragrant. I like the nuts a lot.






Another classic, steamed meat. Honestly the stock alone is worth the twelve bucks.





The main dish, smooth and watery, just like the way I like my porridge. I always prefer teochew style with a little more liquid.




Omelet with chai po. Fried to perfection.




The finale complimentary muah chee. Having made muah chee before, I know cost price is low, but nice of them to offer us two morsels. Fine peanuts with a good chew.




Oh, they have Chinese tea on a burner to keep tea warm. Good selection of Chinese tea. I had a 冻顶乌龙,not extremely strong, gentle and subtle.

No comments:

Post a Comment