Labels

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Take note! Galaxy note!




I thought the iPhone 5 will replace my iPhone 4. But with the stop gap 4s, I don't see much improvement. Just when I thought I will get a Galaxy s2, the newer Galaxy Note caught my attention with it's even bigger screen. Since I was essentially without contract for almost 6 months, I quickly bought it with an additional $50 discount from Singtel.




So far, besides allowing me to read more comfortably with the bigger screen, which is to be expected, the other thing that I like is the ability to play flash. Being on the iPhone means all sites with flash is a gonner. That means I can't play my Sims social and Farmsville or watch videos embedded in flash. I think it helps that this thing runs on a dual core processor with 1 gb ram which I believe is the same specs as my notebook at work.




This is the size comparison with Galaxy tab(which I think is too big for me to single handheld) and iPod touch. You can see that it's at a sweet spot between
too big and too small.

So far I haven't thought about life without Apps store yet since I have come to reply on quite a fair bit of stuff like Instagram and camera+ and stuff. the strength of iPhone is always about apps store than the phone. The android marketplace will always need to play catch up.

Also, after playing for a couple of hours on the note, it just doesn't feel as seamless and intuitive as an apple. But it's a small price to read more comfortably, with better battery life.

I feel sad on one hand that after the death of Steve jobs, people jumped ship to Samsung Galaxy and Sony errison. But I believe this promotes a more vibrant choices for consumer. I remember when I was purely delighted by a Nokia n95, the motorola razor and many other inventive phones. I guess it's time to be diverse and individual and not just reply on changing phone covers to differentiate ourselves.




No comments:

Post a Comment