Labels

Friday, March 23, 2012

1st week of braces




This photo was taken about a week after the fitting of my inovation c braces.

Surprisingly not much pain nor pressure from the braces. The only pesky thing are the ulcers that found around the bigger metal brackets. I decided to put wax only on first two days on the biggest bracket and let the mouth tough it out. I put some watermelon frost on the wounds too. The bigger problem is chewing. I had 2 bite blocks which made chewing quite impossible. Each bite down felt like something was tugging my teeth so i resolve to eat without swallowing.

My theory is; vegetables and grains needs to be chewed.. Eating these things without chewing will lead to indigestion. It's the physic of food processing. But protein is solely digested in the stomach by the stomach acid before being absorbed by the body. Ergo, if I swallow meats and fish and sources of protein, my body will do the rest. Brilliant! Plus carbohydrate will rot my teeth if i am not careful with brushing so I reduce this risk too!
Those bits of rice and vegetables stuck around the braces are horrible!
I had peanut ice kachang on the day I had braces and all the bits and pieces around the braces was appalling! So meat for meals won't leave as much debris.

So far I have swallowed fish soup, tofu, minced meat, grilled fish, steamed chicken, boiled chicken, salmon sashimi, clams. I pop a multivitamin just in case.


No comments:

Post a Comment